Monday, January 25, 2010

All the latest and greatest

Well, I finished our taxes today. Hooray!! FINALLY! I always like to get them done as soon as possible so we can (hopefully) get a refund as soon as possible. Ended up owing a bit to state (again) but we'll get some back from federal so that's cool. Most of it is probably gonna go into the trip fund for TBQ and fine arts. But I did promise Sarah some new dishes and cooking stuff for the kitchen.

Speaking of fine arts, our drama practices are in full swing and things are starting to shape up nicely. Lots more work to do, but all the kids are excited about the dramas and are eager to make them the best they can be. Really looking forward to the finished performances in the spring and our trip to nationals in the summer.

Greta is a crazy fur ball, just in case you were wondering.

Weather is acting dumb again. It was warming up for a while, then it got cold and snowed again. Now its cold and overcast. Summer needs to hurry up man! I want to play some B-BALL!!! And BBQ. And swim.

Our diet is going well. Still want a big fat slice of pizza or a cheeseburger, but I'm being strong. Didn't even get popcorn at the movies the other day which was a real chore. We really need to get our gym membership so we can start working out in addition. Even though I may lose weight, I never feel like dieting really works unless I'm working out too. I don't want to just lose weight, I want to get fit. We're looking at signing up with Anytime Fitness. We like the flexibility with the 24/7 availability. I'm bummed there is nothing in Kuna with raquetball courts, basketball courts or swimming pools, but I also don't want to have to drive 30 min to get somewhere that does. So for now I'll be happy with weights and cardio only. Sarah just wants the tans so she's happy.

Speaking of movies, I took Sarah and Jaden to see Avatar the other day. I had already seen it but they hadn't so we decided to treat ourselves to a day out. Ash was at a friend's house so she missed out. I love that movie man. Its so cool. And the visuals are awesome. I need to get a 3-D tv now so I can watch all these cool movies at home the way they were meant to be seen.

Getting very excited for the final season of Lost to begin. Next week!!! Very anxious to see how they wrap everything up.

I need a haircut. Maybe tomorrow me and the boy will go.

Well I'm tired of typing now so I'm gonna sign off. Later dudes!

1 comment:

  1. They actually make 3D TV's?????

    Yay for tans!! Getting fit AND not looking like a jar o' mayonnaise..it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete