Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My real post....

HAHAHA, that last post was too funny. I just had to. Man I love Ackbar, and that line is classic!

Anyway.

Yo, what's up bloggerville? Me I'm just kicking it in 2010 (that's two thousand ten, not twenty ten btw) and starting up another amazing year.

We had a great Christmas and really enjoyed our vacation time with family and friends. We had so much fun and really loved being able to just sit back and relax a bit. After all the hecticality (NEW WORD) of the past year it was a breath of fresh air to just put everything aside and get reinvigorated.

The New Year was rung in with family and friends once again and we had a blast playing games and snacking all night. I am not allowed to say we were "partying" because apparently that can only mean we were drinking. At least that's what my wife and daughter informed me of when I spoke those words to the Starbucks drive-thru attendant. My deepest and most sincere apologies Ms. Starbucks Drive-Thru Attendant. Please do not get the wrong idea about us and please continue to supply me with ultra delicious coffee treats. Thanks.

I also recently celebrated my birthday, but again, I did not have a party. Please bear that in mind. There was no booze, so it was not a party. :D (Prediction Alert!!! Very soon you will hear the sound of what you may believe to be a branch cracking very loudly....in fact it will be my wife slapping me for being sarcastic....but hey, at least I'm blogging so I should get some credit).

Back to my b-day. I had a great lunch with the fam, then cake and a small "gathering" back at the in-law's dwelling. On my actual b-day Sarah made me a delicious breakfast then took me out to a movie (Sherlock Holmes which was sweet!!) and shopping. Good times.

Now today happens to be my daughter's birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEY!!!). She is 14 and growing up so stinking fast. It would almost make me feel old if I wasn't such a dashing young buck still. We will be celebrating by having a party....er....gathering....of family and friends here for cake and ice cream. Then tomorrow she gets a girl's day out with shopping and lunch.

Tis the season of birthdays for sure and this marks the beginning of our marathon. In the coming weeks we have something like 13 birthdays to celebrate....crazy busy but all good.

BTW, did you hear about them Broncos? WOO HOO!!! They won the Fiesta Bowl again and remained undefeated. It wasn't as memorable of a game as the one a couple years ago, but it was still good and will undoubtedly do great things for their football program. Can't wait for next season! I'm finally stocking up on BSU apparel also. I have been the only member of our family to not have any BSU clothing but that will change. I snagged a sweet fleece and will be picking up a couple hats. Now I'm an "official" fan!

Well, my blogging reservoirs are about run dry now. I'll close in saying that I pray you all have a very happy and blessed new year. I look forward to all the exciting new adventures that await us in the year ahead and I'll be sure to blog about them all.....but probably 2-3 weeks after the fact, hahaha! Until next time America!

Freedom is what you do with what is done to you.

3 comments:

  1. With the freedom given me I will beat you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think partying has gotten a bad rep at your house! But, if it keeps the peace, we can refer to any raucously fun, laughingly joyous, happy time spent in each other's company as... um... let's see... I know! partying! sorry, Sarah, I just can't come up with a word that depicts it all...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's just being dramatic in his writing ;) I also say we are having a party..but when someone asks what you will be doing on New Years Eve, a night notorious for massive drinking, etc..I prefer he doesn't tell the lady at Starbucks that we will be partying ;) Partying in the general sense involves other substances, in my opinion. He then had to turn it into never using the word again. He's silly, but we love him..and his stories! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete