Tuesday, April 20, 2010

NFAF: Destination Detroit!

Well we're on the road towards hitting National Fine Arts Festival in Detroit. For one glorious week in August we'll be chillin' in the Motor City. We have lots of work to do before we get there, but we're well on the way and everyone is getting pretty excited.

We got our plane tickets last week which was awesome! Came in under budget too which is even better.

Had our ministry performance trip to Wilder also and rocked it! Those dudes really love seeing all the drama and sign stuff and they show their appreciation every time we go. Its truly a great thing to be able to take these things on the road and bless people outside of our little circle. We have a couple of performances at the District Council then I think we're done for a while. Maybe another chance or two over the summer but nothing concrete yet.

Now begins all the prep work though. We decided to completely revamp our large human video and we're going with the entry from last year. Its a lot of the same group and we got an invitation for it as well, but we have a ton of reworking to do to get it up to snuff. So we have a summer full of practices lined up, but it will be fun. Also have to work at rewriting the talking drama since we lost a couple parts.

When I'm not busy with practices, we'll be busy with fundraisers!!! Man, we have a ton of stuff lined up. We've had a couple parents step up and volunteer to spearhead some efforts in addition to our two main annual campaigns, the yard sale and the fireworks booth. The kids also sent out a ton of donation letters to family and friends. And we've got several other donation ideas in the planning stages. Lots of work to be sure, but its all for something great and I have faith that God will meet all our financial needs!

Oh yeah, got softball gearing up too. And basketball and bbq season. Got the Wing-Off in June and then me and my buddy Jason are taking our boys to see a Star Wars concert on Father's Day (I'm taking J and he's taking his nephews). Should be a blast.

Somewhere in there I hope to find time to sleep.

And we have a couple camping trips to squeeze in.

All in all just another typically busy summer, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

3 comments:

  1. Makes me want to cry. I think I will squeeze in a trip to the doc for a nice little xanax prescription. Love you! Glad our summer is filled with fun stuff for you guys and that I get to see you through some of it, too. xoxoxoxXooOx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, homes. I am so excited for Detroit. Everything is so surreal! I am just so excited, I cannot believe how close Detroit is coming! It is going to be so great. Anyway I can sub in the large talking drama? Lemme know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sounds great! Please let me know the softball schedule and places... I'd like to come out at root for the team! Also, when is the yard sale? I'm in the market for some stuff - mostly furniture, but you never know what great stuff you will find at a big ol' yard sale! So jacked that you and J are going to the Star Wars concert! I saw the ad for it and thought that would be very cool! Love you lots...

    ReplyDelete