Friday, May 14, 2010

SPRING HAS FINALLY SPRUNG!!!

Clear skies, sunshine and warm weather. That's what I'm currently enjoying. It seems our arctic climate has finally decided to shove off. No more overcast skies. No more rain/snow/hail. No more freezing wind. It seems we may finally be moving into the weather we should be having. Today is a high of 75, clear and sunny. This weekend, 80's and sunny! WOO HOO. Got a basketball game and BBQ lined up for Saturday. Got softball practice starting Sunday. AHHHH...I love this time of year.

In other news, Sarah is back on Facebook. It has been a difficult past month for her while she took her break, but things are now back in full swing. Be sure to drop her a line to welcome her back.

We have Ashley's friend Bradee staying with us this weekend while her parents are out of town. She'll be coming home with Ashley today after school and staying with us until Monday evening. Don't know how I'm gonna handle two teenage girls for an entire weekend....should be interesting. I can pretty much guarantee one thing for sure....I'll be listening to a heckuva lot more gushing of Justin Bieber than normal. Gotta steel myself.

Lotta changes around us lately...some good, some not so good. Change is a part of life, but that doesn't mean its always necessarily easy to deal with. But with change comes growth, and with growth comes strength. Gotta focus on the positive elements of change and let it build us up rather then getting mired in the negative and letting it tear us down. After all, its all part of God's plan and we just need to have faith that He probably has a pretty good idea of what we need! :D

School is almost out. Jaden will be done in a couple weeks. Ashley will be done shortly after that. We decided after much prayer and discussion to let Ashley attend Kuna High School next year. We secretly enrolled her when she was out of town and had planned to surprise her with an announcement in her yearbook. However with some of the more recent changes we felt that she should know early so she wouldn't be ultra depressed at never seeing her friends again. So now she is super happy. There are definately a lot of strings attached and she needs to prove she can handle it, but for now we're reassured that its the right choice.

Speaking of Ash, she and Sarah have started painting her room. Bright orange. BRIGHT ORANGE. I'll say no more. She likes it and that's all that matters.

Jaden is thriving in his Taekwondo class. He had a bout of wanting to quit and give up on it, but made the wise decision to stick with it. He doesn't like to practice, although he really doesn't practice much. But I think he's turned a corner. We kept on him and told him it would be a mistake to quit. Lots of friends and family said the same and he finally decided he wants it. He really wants his black belt! He didn't get to test in this last round for his next belt because we wanted to see more committment from him, but he is fired up for the next one and its a sure thing he'll advance. He knows all the moves, he just needs to focus on the discipline and self-control (which he is really starting to improve in) and then he'll be ready. So proud of him. Keep on doing your best little dude! He is also looking for ways to earn money for his training weapons. We'll think of some tasks for him to earn his sword and I promised I would buy his nunchuks when he earned his next belt. Good times!

I will be testing out my new wing recipe this weekend. I am hoping it turns out as good as I think it will in my mind. If not, I have a fallback plan. The Wing Off is rapidly approaching and I can't wait. Its almost doubled in size from last year and at last count we have 43 cooks participating. The are also adding judging and awards for the first time this year. Should be a blast! If you are around on June 12, stop by and see us!

Well I suppose I should get some more work done. Its a slow day but I need to finish a few things before we go grocery shopping. Catch ya later Blog land!

1 comment:

  1. I love you! AND..drum roll please..I DIDNT cry (like a blubbering idiot) when I read your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete