Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Blog #2

Well this is some sort of personal record. I don't think I've ever blogged two days in a row.

Not much to talk about today. Sarah helped me redo my blog page so now its not so boring. Not sure I'll keep it that way but its better than it was. Thanks babe!

Just finished some Sara Lee lava cakes from Walmart. Nowhere near as good as the ones we make but they were ok. Now I need massive amounts of water to wash it down.

Got a nice surprise the other day at work. In recognition of my 5 year anniversary with HP I got a $100 e-Award. I redeemed it for a Walmart gift card and so we went shopping a bit tonight. I got the Wolverine movie on Blu Ray, some blank cd's so I can finally burn more, and some treats for the family.

Oh yeah! I FINALLY GOT MY HAIRCUT TONIGHT TOO!!!! WOO HOO!

I am no longer a shaggy beast. Jaden and I went to Sport Clips while the girls looked around at Bath and Body Works. When I told J we were going there he got all excited. The last time we went, we both got the deal where you get a hot towel and massaging shampoo and he loved it. So this time he asked if he could get his "treatment" again. HAHA, he's so funny. I can't say no to that dude so we both got the "treatments" and had a good time. Now we're back to our considerably less hairy dapper selves.

Sarah went to meet with Pastor Kris today and got to see the puppies. Well not really "see" them since they are still in their mom's tummy, but she saw lumps or something I'm sure. Anyway, she's totally in love with the dang thing and its not even here yet. I'm just glad she wants that for her Christmas present cuz there ain't nothing else I could get her that would top that. They should be born in another couple weeks and then we can bring her home around Thanksgiving.

With the weather changing and cooling off, everyone is getting into the soup making mood. I love soups man. Nothing better than a nice steaming bowl of soup and a hot grilled cheese sandwich on a cold day. I want to have a soup potluck where everyone just brings over their favorite soups and we can sit around and sample all the goodness. We are also planning our kolache day soon too which I can't wait for. I sure do love those little balls of bready goodness.

My xbox is coming home! Yee haw! It died on me a couple weeks ago and I had to send it in for repairs. Luckily it was still under warranty so I don't have to pay a thing. Missed out on a couple weeks of gaming with my buds but that's the breaks I guess. It will be back in time for the party this weekend though so that's good. Sarah said I should have fasted games instead of coffee and that this is what I get. Hasn't been so bad though, I had a good "romance novel" to get me through it. HAHAHA

I am tired dude. I had just barely dozed off into a deep, relaxing sleep last night and then I got called for work. It was an easy fix and ultimately something I shouldn't have been called for, but sometimes that happens. When I came back to bed I could not get back to sleep to save my life. I couldn't get comfortable again at all and Sarah sounded like she was sawing down trees next to me. I finally did drift off but it wasn't nearly as good a sleep as before I was paged. When I get done here I think I'll go relax and watch a show or two and then go to bed. That sounds good.

Now that I have cd's again, I need to make Jaden his Ghostbusters cd. For some reason he loves the music and songs from Ghostbusters and begged me to download the soundtrack and make him a disc. He sure does love his music. I sometimes come upstairs and find him with a cd in the player and dancing around or playing along to Star Wars tunes.

Well, I'm about out of things to ramble about. I did get a cool scripture in my daily devotional the other day that I really dug, so I'll leave with that. Take care everyone and we'll blog later!

That's why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10


P.S. - oh yeah, Sarah hates the name of my blog page so I'll probably be changing it soon just so your aren't startled when it happens :D

1 comment:

  1. Dude I don't hate the name of your blog!!

    Hey, someone has to saw logs while you're awake..gotta keep the home fires burning. I may saw down a tree or two but you sawed down the friggen rain forest..and we need the rain forests!

    Hey, we are snorers. That's what we do.

    That romance novel was great, huh :)

    ReplyDelete